Wednesday, September 30, 2015

BareMinerals Mystery Box September 2015

Every few months BareMinerals offers up a one-day special: a set of mystery items for a heavily discounted price. These are usually combinations of full size and deluxe samples that are discontinued, clearanced, overstocked, repackaged, or extras that were a part of a set. Supply is limited and they tend to sell out very fast! I just happened to be online one Sunday when MySubscriptionAddiction updated their website to announce September's BareMinerals mystery box was up for sale. This time the mystery box contained 10 items and costs a total of $30 plus tax and free shipping. So it cost me approximately $32 for the 10 things I received.

The whole set, kinda cut off the black deluxe sample tube of lipstick in the corner though...


I think that most of BareMineral's mystery boxes come with one makeup bag of some sort. This one is a fairly large travel bag that I adore! It had two zipper plastic bags inside it that are removable. It feels fairly durable and high quality.


Pop Of Passion Lip Oil Balm in Pink Passion ('"youthful pink", deluxe sample)
Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Raise the Bar ("pearlescent raspberry", deluxe sample)

Yes, it smells like cocoa!

Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Risk Taker ("chocolate shimmer", full size)


READY Bronzer/Blush duo in The Skinny Dip and The Secret's Out ("light tan" and "soft violet", deluxe sample 4.5g)

Currently $24 at ULTA

READY Luminizer duo in The Love Affair and The Shining Moment ("pink nectar glow" and "golden champagne", full size)


Rock 'N' Roll makeup brush (I believe eye makeup brush, apparently was part of a set at some point)

Forgot to take pictures of just the eyeliners. But I mean...they're eyeliners. They look like pencil things
Swatches of eyeliners from top to bottom (all full sized products)

Smoke & Define Double-Ended Kohl & Liquid Eyeliner in Jet Black (kohl) and Teal (liquid)
Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Forever Brandy
Big & Bright Eyeliner in Midnight (dark blue)

Flash, this one is more accurate for the oil balm texture
Shows the bottom two better
Lip product swatches from top to bottom:
Oil Balm in Pink Passion
Lipstick in Raise the Bar
Lipgloss in Risk Taker

Final Thoughts: Did I disappoint you with no swatches of the bronzer/blush or luminizer? I disappointed me too. I just couldn't get them to photograph! The blush and bronzer are pretty lightly pigmented and you need to build them. They aren't good for dramatic looks, but they are decent if you want a subtle flush of color or some light bronzing for contour. I don't know how to contour! So now with this bronzer at least I can play around and learn (thankfully, it is a good color for me). The Luminizer is gorgeous, but also difficult to photograph swatches in the indoor light with my crappy cellphone camera. Maybe one day it will stop raining outside and I'll be able to capture them in the light. They're basically just pretty shimmer highlights. I run my brush over both together to mix them and hit the top of my cheekbones and anywhere else I want to add some ethereal glow.

The eyeliners fairly good. I'm not partial to the Big & Bright so much as it doesn't apply as smoothly as the others. The liquid liner brush is good quality and easy to use, the kohl is wonderfully smudgey, and the "long-wearing" eyeliner has seemed to actually live up to that name so far. The lipstick is my favorite of the lip products, simply due to the color being a pretty raspberry shade that would look lovely on a variety of skintones. I'll need to wear it more to evaluate the texture and longevity, but it seems fairly creamy and moisturizing. The oil balm is a bitch to use. It has amazing reviews though, so I think I just need to play around with it and figure out the best way to wear it. The lipgloss shimmery and beautiful and smells like cocoa! It is chocolate brown, gold, and bronze all in one. And it smells like cocoa, did I mention that?

So for $30, I got 10 items, or paid approximately $3 per item. This landed me 1 makeup case, 1 makeup brush, 5 full sized products (2 normal eyeliners, 1 double-ended eyeliner, 1 lipgloss, and 1 luminizer compact), and 3 deluxe sample size products (2 lip products, 1 blush/bronzer compact)

These products were purchased with my own money. Please feel free to leave Comments, Questions, and Casual Insults below. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment